Some things are made to be broken, like piñatas, fire crackers, Kit Kats, and of course, rules! Rules are only fun when they work for you and some dogs firmly believe in making the rules work for them. After all, bending the rules is a tough job because you need to make sure you can get off on a technicality.
Enjoy these photos of sassy dogs who know just what to do to bend the rules just enough without breaking them and getting into trouble. Anyway, they’re just so adorable how can you even stay mad at them?
So scroll on down to see what these spunky puppers got upto!
1. They’re not allowed on the yoga mat so they found a creative solution: paws only
2. Technically he isn’t even in the bedroom he isn’t allowed in because he can’t be seen. Right?
3. Looks like this clever guy found a way around the “not allowed upstairs” rule!
4. “You said I couldn’t sit on the sofa. I’m not sitting, I’m leaning. I can lean, right?”
5. “Tip: If you’re not allowed to do something, keep doing it until your human gives up. It always works! You’re welcome”
6. “To lie on the sofa, one must have the whole body on it. I don’t, ergo, I am not breaking your silly rule”
7. How to be in the kitchen without being in the kitchen
8. Everyone knows you aren’t breaking the rules if some part of you is off the sofa
9. He’s not really ON the table so this is probably fine, yes?
10. Rule-following skills: 0/10. Technique: 18/10
11. Getting away with it on legal technicalities
12. The rule is to not get on the table and he isn’t on the table so I’d say he’s good. Now please give him popcorn
13. He knows his nails can damage the leather so he’s wisely put only his butt on the couch. You should be thanking him
14. Sir, I think you need to get your house horse a bigger couch
15. “I was told I wasn’t allowed on the sofa. Nobody said anything about blankets. Now shush so I can sleep”
16. “If you’re not allowed IN the kitchen, then NEAR the kitchen is the next best option”
17. “You said I couldn’t be on the sofa. So I’m not. I’m on the armrest. The armrest is not the sofa”
18. “I’m an anarchist. I don’t follow your rules. Oh I’m not allowed in the kitchen? Well, my paw’s in there now”
19. All four paws aren’t allowed in the bedroom so this clever pooch kept two of his tippy tappy toes out in the hallway
20. All this pup wants to do is make sure his little sister is safe, let him do his job
21. Sometimes, when rules don’t make sense, you have to find creative solutions to work around them
22. This human’s entourage is not allowed in the garage so the best they can do is stand by the doorway, which is good enough
23. “You didn’t say I couldn’t be on the ottoman”
24. His chin isn’t allowed on the table and he’s definitely following that rule perfectly, kind of
Via Daily Doge
25. “I know I can’t be here but I came in to say good night. I was just being nice! Um. Now that I’m here, maybe I could stay?”
26. “If you aren’t allowed in a room, throw a toy in there, then slowly crawl in to the room to get it. Tried and proven tactic!”
27. “You said my paws aren’t allowed on the table but no one said no to my head on the table, right? Loophole, aha!”
28. Faceplanting on the couch isn’t the same as sitting on the couch so I’ll allow it
29. “I distinctly remember you said I can’t be ON the sofa, but nothing about being IN the sofa. I am a GENIUS”
30. “I’m not touching your bowl! I’ll just eat whatever you don’t want to eat. I’m sure you’re not even that hungry. GIMME!”
31. “Yes, I’m not allowed on the couch but the couch cushion is currently not on the couch, is it?”
32. “It’s not really begging if I’m not facing you so I’m not breaking the rule. It’s all about the phrasing. I am a Legal Eagle”
33. “I’m not allowed on the sofa but the kids threw the cushions on the floor, so here I am. It’s all about seizing opportunities”
34. “Please, may I come into the nursery? No? How do you feel about our paws and nose in the nursery then? Okay? Okay.”
35. It’s not begging if she’s just looking at you, right?
36. The kitchen is off-limits for him but it’s just his snoot over the line so I’m sure that’s okay
37. Another doggo barred from the kitchen has figured out a loophole: peek in and sneakily put a paw on the kitchen floor
38. When you’re not allowed in the front of the car, you must improvise. Solution: smush face between your humans
39. “I’m not allowed in the kitchen so I’ll just stare at you with my crossed paws on the kitchen floor like the Polite Boi I am”
40. “The law is to not be seated on the couch. As my leg and butt are dangling off the couch, I declare that I am innocent”
Wow, dogs are so good at bending the rules, next time I need a lawyer, I’m hiring a pawttorney.
Do your dogs find creative ways to break the rules like this too?