Dogs are so special and adorable, one might even say they are perfect. But even these perfect and amazing creatures aren’t exempt from taking ridiculously unflattering photos. Chalk it down to terrible timing and bad lighting.
On the Facebook group Dogspotting Society, dog owners shared the most unflattering photos they had ever taken of their doggos and puppers. The #unflatteringdogphotochallenge quickly took off and now has about 26k posts under the tag.
We’ve selected some of the funniest ones out of them. These 40 dogs had their owners take some of the world’s most unflattering photos and we can’t stop laughing. So go ahead and scroll down to see some truly bad but hilarious photos of doggos.
1. A wet dog never looked angrier and stranger than this doggo. Also, whoever bathed this dog better watch their back, because doggo is out for their blood.
Via Marie Caia
2. His owner calls this his “scoot of rebellion”. he definitely looks goofy and ridiculous.
Via Alissa Zanelli
3. When you love car rides but the wind doesn’t love you.
Via Ali McGrath
4. How dare everyone call this “unflattering”, this is how he smiles okay!
Via Viv Barker
5. When you want to just chase your tail in peace but your hooman takes a photo that transforms you into a demon.
Via Noah Saccoccio
6. Singing to the people or doing a very lorge bork?
7. This is why you must never throw away your IKEA instructions before you assemble your doggo!
Via Mackenzie Quinn
8. There’s so much going on here we don’t know where to start. Everything from the googly eye to the giant mlem is killing us!
Via Kari Jo
9. Even the most unflattering photo can’t hide his love for his favourite toy.
Via Samantha Flener
10. At first glance, the smile is adorable. But the more you look, the more it looks like he has a frog in his mouth.
Via Fiona Brown
11. “The stick stays with me wherever I go”
Via Meghan Elizabeth
12. When you’re constipated but have to smile through the pain.
Via Tayler DeLisle
13. “I told you not to talk to me before I have my morning coffee!! Where is my morning coffee!!”
Via Katie LeClerc
14. Is this the dog playing Cujo in the remake?
Via Alana Rodriguez
15. “Me get off the couch? How about you get off the couch?”
Via Sara Bushaw
16. “It’s not my fault the sweater is too big for me”
Via Angie Aitkenhead
17. “Leave me alone, I’m sleeping”
Via Sarah Archie
18. “It’s the wind making my face do this, Blake. This is not my usual smile!”
Via Blake Tomlinson
19. “Ooh yum crunchy dinosaur paw!”
Via Roo Tripp
20. Never come between a dog and his stick.
Via Samantha Martin
21. Is this… Sid the sloth from the Ice Age movies?
Via Erin Mwalwanda
22. That sneeze is going to be epic!
Via Beth Davis
23. When you accidentally open up your front camera.
Via Heather Connor
24. This dog looks alarmed to see the mouth running away from its face.
25. When the sleep is so good you look like you’re possessed.
Via Jadie Spillett
26. Executing derp against the glass.
Via Clare Siddaway
27. Eating the hand that feeds you. Om nom nom.
Via Jessica Rimmer
28. A tiny sausage pupperino attempting a big mlem.
Via Kate Riley
29. “I do a JUUUM-oh hey ow, what’s that?!”
Via Ashley Fay
30. If Picasso drew dogs:
31. This photo is so chaotic it could be a scene from a farcical play.
Via Courtney Cannon
32. Thicc boi does a sleep.
33. The “ugh it’s Monday, again” face.
Via Harriet Line
34. Is that an albino werewolf playing ball?
35. “Hands off my blankie!!”
Via Kylie Moore
36. This dog definitely just farted and can’t wait until you gag from the smell.
37. It looks like floating in the pool isn’t calming her down one bit.
38. Looks like an old grandpa dozing off while watching TV.
Via Emily Jackson
39. This doggo is usually such a majestic being but apparently not when he’s coming out of a swim in the ocean.
Via Kirsty Mack
40. “Can we have some cheese? No? You said if we smiled and asked politely we could have anything!”
Via Savannah Jordan
Did these animals caught in unphotogenic poses make you giggle or even laugh out loud? Have you ever caught your dogs in unflattering poses like this?