Being pregnant is a wonderful, if somewhat painful, experience that also changes everything, not only for people but also for their pets. Animals, being as magical and amazing as they are, are often capable of detecting when a person is pregnant, even before the people know. Experts say this is likely because of the changes in hormones that occur during pregnancy. They can sense these changes due to their excellent sense of smell. Either way, pets know that something is different and often become extra affectionate of their pregnant humans and even go so far as to be extremely protective of them. This is truly such a wholesome and loving thing to experience.
Here are 36 photos of pets who are gently cuddling their pregnant hoomans and their baby bumps.
1. These two are so excited to meet their new baby brother.
Via Jennifer Smith | parents.com
2. “Hmm this is a very big magic 8 ball.”
Via Jessica Rose Henderson | parents.com
3. “Something is different about your stomach.”
Via Sara Barbala Balogh | romper.com
4. This pupper looks overjoyed at the prospect of a new tiny hooman!
Via Chelsea Bernatavitz | parents.com
5. “Rest, please. You have a little baby inside.”
6. Helping the hooman relax better while the baby moves around inside.
Via Courtney Hartnett | parents.com
7. This doggo guarded his pregnant mama when she had complications and became best friends with the baby after he was born.
8. Protecting the bump and getting a comfy pillow all in one go.
Via Janelle Shirley Summers | parents.com
9. Everyone is impatient to meet the baby.
Via Leslie Mills | parents.com
10. Hugging his brother even before he’s born.
Via Terri-Lynn Violet Watson | parents.com
11. Getting a snooze in with mama and the baby.
12. Giving special attention to mama when she’s pregnant.
13. He usually prefers hanging out with dad but not when mama is pregnant.
14. He wants to be a part of the pregnancy photos too.
Via Ali D’Andelet | parents.com
15. “Please, Mom, you have to rest. You have my future best friend in there. Take a break from the chores. Dad can do them.”
16. This pug always sat on his mama’s stomach and lap but one day refused to do it and sat at her feet instead. When she took a pregnancy test, she was positive!
Via Eva Duve Creel | parents.com
17. Protecting mama from all sides.
18. Keeping an eye on mama so she doesn’t hurt herself and the baby.
19. Having a small snooze while hugging the baby bump.
20. Cletus’ superpower is finding out his mama is pregnant before she does. Guess Cletus found the fetus.
21. This pittie is so much more affectionate with the aunt now that she’s pregnant.
22. This pup definitely knew the hooman was pregnant.
23. Protecting mama and the bump and the baby inside.
24. Puppy is reminding mama about the impawtance of getting lots of rest while pregnant.
25. When your home nurse takes the job a little seriously and won’t leave you alone.
26. This is such a beautiful photo of how devoted and caring this sweet doggo is.
27. This kity used to be aloof but that has gone out the window since her mama got pregnant. Now it’s endless lovings.
28. Find yourself someone who looks at you the way this cat looks at this woman.
29. Warming up the mama and the baby.
30. Getting ready to welcome the new baby.
31. Doin’ a big protecc.
32. These cats’ superpower is that they know their mama is pregnant without anyone telling them.
33. His favourite used to be dad but now that mom is pregnant, he prefers her.
34. Another non-cuddly cat turned into a cuddler when the hooman got pregnant.