Having a pet is one of the best experiences anyone could have in their lifetime. Pets have so much love to give us and they make our lives better by just being with us.
But that doesn’t mean there aren’t a lot of downs either! Pets are a lot like taking care of furry toddlers who don’t understand most of what we say. Which often has irritating and frustrating (but also hilarious) results! Scroll on down to see 35 times people got pets and ended up with animals who really put their patience to the test.
1. This dog has figured out how to open the washing machine… and steal socks!
2. I guess the lunchbox is out of bounds now, because the cat says so.
3. This clever void kitty has figured out how to open the fridge door to get to her favourite snacks.
4. This pupper using money as chew toys and then using his cuteness to get out of trouble!
5. “It’s not what it looks like! The tree just fell on me :(“
6. This kitty who doesn’t quite understand how the new litter box works.
7. Digging your claws into the hooman’s shoulders guarantees snacks. Or at least suffering for the hooman for not complying.
8. Helping the hooman do push ups better.
9. That animal is so rude to be typing while the cat is trying to rest.
10. No pizza for anyone today cause kitty is angry resting on the box.
11. “No one’s going out today cause I’ve got your shoes mwahahaha!”
12. This parrot is playing every parrot’s, cat’s and toddler’s favourite game: angrily throw everything on the floor.
13. “It wasn’t me. It was the dog.” But we don’t have a dog. “It was a dog. A dog did it.”
14. He’s either knocking down the TV or he’s blocking the TV, there is no in-between.
15. When the hooman puts on anti-scratch tape to stop you from ruining the furniture, so you rip out the anti-scratch tape.
16. Using yarn around this cat is impossible and an adventure in a strange game of tug-of-war.
17. The big dog is a sweetheart but the tiny one is possibly actual demon spawn.
18. This cat wins at being passive aggressive!
19. Is this the Grinch trying to ruin Christmas?
20. This photobombing cat ruining an otherwise perfect Christmas photo of this dog.
21. Let’s hope this was an abandoned hose.
22. Turns out her bloated belly isn’t due to illness, she’s just fat.
23. When you didn’t know your cat had a doppelgänger.
24. Hooman: struggling to fit into leggings. Cats: judgy face activated.
25. This malevolent kitty locked hoomans out of the car. He looks pretty pleased with himself.
26. Oh this couldn’t possibly have been by accident!
27. This is his favourite toy. Bonus: it gives everyone who sees him a mini heart attack.
28. This doggo prefers sleeping on the hooman’s backpack instead of the many expensive dog beds he’s got.
29. In a roomful of people, this kitty picked the only person allergic to cats to lounge on.
30. The hooman is only allowed to use the bathroom under the careful supervision of this kitty. Here he’s asking “ARE YOU DROWNING?? DO YOU NEED MY HELP??”
31. This is a very large plant.
32. Weell, this is on the hooman. Our cat overlords should never be interrupted.
33. This kitty plays the world’s most aggressive game of peekaboo when visitors come over.
34. This kitty sat on the keyboard and ended up closing all of the hooman’s work and opening a million windows support screens. I hope she got her questions answered.
35. This dog isn’t a dog person.
Animals are both impressive but absolutely hilarious. Pets fill our lives with joy and we definitely don’t deserve such amazing companions.