Hiding to protect themselves is completely normal animal behavior. But when our pets do it, we worry that they’ve gone missing. Cats especially are really good at hiding, giving everyone heart attacks until they’re found in some dark corner, having watched you panic the whole time.
But this list isn’t about the clever animals who are excellent at hiding. We’re talking about the animals who do a bad job of it or look hilarious while hiding. So go ahead and scroll down to see these adorable dorks and see if you can spot them.
1. Starting this list off with this excellent hider.
2. “You can’t see me if I can’t see you”
3. This good boi likes to hide under the blanket when he gets scared.
4. This dangerous borker was discovered in the bushes. Proceed with caution!
5. These cuties hiding in the middle of stuffed toys are blending in really well. Maybe a little too well.
6. This cat’s favourite hobbies include hiding, boxes and hiding in boxes.
7. Hiding under the table just cause.
8. The laundry shelf is definitely a comfortable place to hang out I’m sure.
9. This baby elephant got caught stealing sugarcane and hid behind this telephone pole. An excellent hiding place.
10. What baby raccoon? I don’t see anything but tiny plants.
11. Another classic case of “If I can’t see them, they can’t see me”
12. Using blankets as camouflage.
13. Wild cats hide in the trees. House cats hide in closets.
14. This dog is truly having a big brain moment.
15. What a lovely garden of plants with absolutely no dogs.
16. Apex predator at work.
17. This hunter is excellent at hiding from its prey.
18. This pupper is blending in well with that curtain.
19. Under the blanket is a great hiding place.
20. It’s a cardboard box with eyes.
21. Why is there a photo of a curtain in here?
22. A special kind of purrito.
23. Fishy doing a hide.
25. This is just a photo of a chair. It’s a nice chair, but there’s no animal here. Disappointing.
26. Honestly, this cat looks like a painting.
27. You probably can see the cat. But can you spot the dog?
28. Except for the snoot peeking out from under the couch, this is actually really good hiding.
29. Fierce little hunter is ready to pounce on you!
30. I was told there was a cat in this photo but I don’t see any. Where is cat??
That concludes our list of some truly clever instances of camouflage by animal ninjas. Definitely no one can beat these critters at hiding.