If there is one constant in life, it’s that cats love sitting in boxes. Especially in ones they barely fit in. Which has brought the quirky but wonderful saying: if i sits, i sits. This purrfectly explains just how much cats will sit wherever they want to, regardless of whether they actually fit or not, because they always make themselves fit.
So here’s a list of 30 photos of cats, big and small, sitting in and on things that you might not think would work for them but that the cats make do. Whether they look elegant or ridiculous (they mostly look ridiculous), these cats will make you giggle and laugh out loud.
1. The purrcessor looks a little annoyed.
2. “First I struggle, then I snuggle.”
3. All you have to do is open the case and she will teleport herself into it.
4. Looks like you spilled your cat on the tissues.
6. “If I fits I sits, despite danger to my bits.”
7. “If I fits, I sits. You know this, hooman.”
8. If I fits, I sits: Existential Crisis Edition.
9. “Why put box if not for me to sit?”
10. You’ve heard of the Cat in a Hat, not get ready for Cat in a Pot.
11. Ah, a Catte Meowchiato.
12. Big cats like little boxes too.
13. A beautiful loaf of garlic bread, purrfectly toasted.
14. Package contains: 1 Kitty (Orange) & 9 lifetimes of love. Power source (Fancy Feast/Whiskas) not included.
15. Inside a whale is the purrfect place to nap.
16. “I just wanted 3 seconds of peace, is that too much to ask for, ugh”
17. Murderchonks love boxes too.
Via Big Cat Rescue
18. If I fits, I sits x 2.
Via Bored Panda
19. If I fits, I sits: Royalty Edition.
20. If it fits, it ships.
21. “There’s no time to explain, get in the box!”
22. Store your kitties in containers to keep them fresher for longer. Refrigeration not recommended.
23. “I don’t fits, but I still sits. Cause I wanna.”
24. Snoozing on a bed of lettuce.
25. What are pockets for if not for kittens to fall asleep in?
26. When you’re so tiny you can fit inside a shoe.
27. No cat is too big for “if I fits, I sits”.
28. This kitten is not impressed with everyone disturbing his little sleep.
Via Bored Panda
29. “This box… Why have you brought this abomination into my home? I do not fits, I cannot sits. What is this, a box for ants?”
30. Doin’ an excellent camouflage.